How much does Modelar cost?
The Modelar App is free. Pricing for Modelar Cloud subscriptions will be announced shortly.
Which devices does Modelar run on?
The Modelar app requires an Apple Device with LiDAR. It will work on an iPhone Pro 12, 13 or 14, or the iPad Pro 11” or 12.9” with LiDAR. We hope to make it available to a wider range of devices in the future. Modelar Cloud is accessible to anyone with a web browser.
What formats does Modelar export to?
The Modelar app supports the following mesh export formats:
- USDZ: A file format developed by Pixar and well supported by Apple.
- OBJ: A file format consisting of a text file that describes the mesh, several image textures in JPEG format. Modelar puts these files into a single ZIP file when exporting.
- STL: A text-based open format widely used in 3D printing. STL does not support textures.
- PLY: An open binary format that stores the mesh geometry. PLY does not support textures.
The Modelar app supports the following cloud export formats:
- PLY: An open binary format that stores the 3D points and colors.
- E57: An open binary format developed to store point cloud data.
- XYZ: A simple comma separated text file listing all 3D point locations and
Modelar Cloud can export meshes in OBJ and PLY, and point clouds in E57, PLY and LAS. LAS/LAZ support will be added to Modelar App shortly.
Is the Modelar point cloud generated from the mesh?
No, Modelar’s point cloud is directly generated from the LiDAR sensor data. It’s great for showing small and highly detailed features.
Which units does Modelar support?
Modelar stores and exports scans in meters, but measurements can be made in feet as well. Don’t see your question listed? Submit your inquiry through our contact form, and we’ll be sure to get back to you.